Virae was a Drenai noblewoman during the First Nadir War. She was the daughter of Earl Delnar of Dros Delnoch and the wife of his successor Regnak, Earl of Bronze. A fierce warrior in her own right, she played a prominent role in the defence of Dros Delnoch against Ulric's Nadir horde.
Despite being of noble birth, Virae had a tough childhood. …
Physical appearance Edit
- Virae: "What are you staring at? Never seen a woman before?"
- Rek: "Well, that answers the first question."
- Virae: "What does that mean?"
- Rek: "You're a woman."
- ―Legend, Chapter 2
Her armour consisted of a silver steel mail-shirt and bronze shoulder pads. With this she wore loose-fitting green woollen trousers which were laces to her thighs with leather straps.
Skills and abilities Edit
Virae was an accomplished swordswoman, being able to take on several enemies at once. She fought with a thin rapier, her fighting style reminiscent of dancing, emphasising speed and precision. She was also skilled with the bow, being able to hit and down a rabbit in a single shot from forty paces.
- Virae is around 18 years old during the events of Legend.
- Virae bears many similarities to the character Brianne of Tarth from Game of Thrones.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Legend, Chapter 2
- ↑ Legend, Chapter 2: "The woman held a slender blade, a flickering, dancing rapier that cut and thrust with devastating speed".
- ↑ Legend, Chapter 5
|This article is a stub. You can help the David Gemmell Wiki by expanding it.|